What is the Healthcare and Public Health Industry?
The Healthcare sector focuses on providing medical treatment or care to patients. It includes clinicians, equipment/technology producers, pharmaceutical companies, insurance providers, and more. Explore below to learn more about the duties and how you might express those to an employer, who might hire you, and all kinds of related resources!
Sample Résumé Language
Assess the patient’s conditions and analyze records to give the patient the best care possible
Counsel and educate families with how to cope/manage with diagnosis, referring to in-house support such as Chaplin
|Advance Operations||Attend and/or present at national or international conferences about medical research or hospital management|
|Advocate for Policy||Research and write reports to help local and national government support policies in favor of your cause|
Top Job Boards
- Career Vitals | World’s primary healthcare job board.
- Health Jobs Nationwide | The country’s largest healthcare talent acquisition job board network.
- Public Health Jobs | Access a variety of public health employers eager to hire.
- CareerShift | An exclusive job search platform for students.
- Science Career Alumni Network (SCAN) |Science program for students and alumni.
- Sample Interview Questions | Article by HospitalJobs.com
- Reasons to Work in Healthcare | Article by Indeed
- How to Choose a Medical School | Article by Princeton Review
- What Can I Do With This Major? | A career exploration website.