You’ve given your child the support and love they’ve needed to get them here. Now give them guidance toward helping them discover their career path.
The best way to support your child is to ask them these key questions to ensure they’re on track for a successful career after graduation.
- Have you been to the career center?
- Are you getting involved in clubs or organizations to build up marketable skills?
- Have you applied for an internship, as 80% of employers expect to see this on a résumé?
- How are you building your network?
- Have you attended the Career & Internship Expo and Career Conference?
- Have you had your résumé and cover letter reviewed?
- Have you used the Alumni database to find a mentor or conduct an informational interview?
By asking these key questions, you’ll begin a healthy conversation with your child around career. Have a specific question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we cannot disclose private information regarding your child, we can offer further advice to questions you or your child may have.