DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL – SIT
This position is with California Psychcare – Specialized Individual Training
Part of the 360 Behavioral Health Family of Providers
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS!
California Psychcare provides behavioral treatment services to infants, children, adolescents, young adults and adults impacted by autism or other developmental disabilities. California Psychcare also provides specialized respite services through our Specialized Individual Training (SIT) group.
Our company was established more than 20 years ago and was one of the original autism therapy providers in California. Today we are one of the top 10 autism service providers in the United States – serving more than 4,000 clients through our 22 clinics.
Direct Support Professional – SIT
Your Role as Direct Support Professional – SIT
As a Direct Support Professional with California Psychcare’s Specialized Individual Training (SIT) group, you provide specialized 1:1 respite services to children and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. The goal of our program is to support families who qualify for these respite services and whose children exhibit challenging behaviors because of significant deficits in cognitive, communication and social skills.
With training we provide in the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA), including basic teaching and reinforcement strategies, you collaborate with the client’s ABA service provider to ensure consistency in the implementation of the customized behavior treatment plan to ensure reinforcement and maintenance of the program established for each client.
We offer part time (10-20 hours/week) schedules, with the potential for full time depending on needs of our clients and availability of the applicant.
This entry-level role can be the first step you take on the path toward an amazing and very rewarding career in behavioral healthcare. We believe in our colleagues and we focus on cultivating from within, and we’re committed to your continued growth and development. If you share our passion to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to come GROW WITH US!
When you join California Psychcare as a Direct Support Professional working with our Specialized Individual Training (SIT) group, here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision Benefits
- No Cost Clinical Skills Training / Basic ABA Principles Training
- No Cost Professional Development Training
- No Cost Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Training
- No Cost CPR / First Aid Certification Training
- 401(k) Program
- Mileage / Phone Reimbursement
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance
- Collegial & Collaborative Environment
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor; be well-organized, and detail oriented.
- Maintain professional boundaries, professional composure, and work well under pressure.
- Politely interact with individuals and families who may be uncooperative or aloof.
- Maintain professionalism and composure if and when a client demonstrates challenging and sometimes extreme behaviors such as repetitive body movements, repeated vocalizations, aggression, self-injury, tantrums, etc.
- Be able to serve culturally and linguistically diverse families in low and high social economic status areas.
- Be comfortable working in clients’ homes (studio apt., housing projects, etc.) of families with limited resources.
- Effectively communicate with others (clients, family members, agency staff).
- Accept, follow, and implement direction from agency representatives.
- Ability to be creative, spontaneous, excited and animated in your gestures, facial expressions and voice interactions.
- This position requires traveling to clients’ homes: expected daily travel is at least 30 miles.
- Have reliable transportation, current liability insurance for the vehicle and a clean driving record.
- Have a telephone and reliable method to record scheduled appointments and return phone calls within 24 hours.
- CPR / First Aid Certification
Ready to Grow with Us – And Be Part of Something Truly Amazing?
California Psychcare is an equal opportunity employer. If anyone is unable to fully access any portion of the 360 Behavioral Health | California Psychcare on-line system, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations. Please contact us at 833-227-3454 for assistance.