826LA is looking for interns who are passionate about education and about our mission.
Due to COVID-19, we have redesigned our internship program to be virtual. While working remotely, interns will learn about using creativity to engage youth from underserved communities, volunteer management, communications, and the ins and outs of an established educational non-profit through virtual platforms. The 826LA internship is designed to expose interns to a wide range of work at a non-profit. Interns will support the day-to-day administrative functions of our organization as well as medium- and long-term capacity-building projects. We are looking for enthusiastic, professional, and dedicated individuals who are self-motivated team players with a strong sense of social justice.
- Must be able to attend mandatory orientation on Wednesday, September 8th via Zoom
- Access to stable internet, a computer, audio, microphone, and a webcam
- Attention to detail, punctuality, flexibility to adjust in the moment, and willingness to learn and grow through practice
- Knowledge of Zoom logistics including setting up break out rooms, and fluency with zoom’s functionalities
- Available at least 15 hours a week Monday- Friday, between the hours of 8AM-6PM.
- Interest in writing, education, nonprofits, youth development, and/or art education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, public speaking is a plus
- Must be available between September 8th- December 8th
- Written and spoken Spanish-language proficiency, a plus.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university
Apply for a position in one of the following areas :
- In-Schools and College Access
- Online Workshops
- Online Tutoring
- Online Field Trips
- We encourage potential interns to review their area of focus when applying, while also keeping in mind that one’s day-to-day duties will range in complexity and depth, and will be dictated by the organization’s needs.
- This position provides $250 stipends upon completion of the internship term, we can also sign off course credit, and or school- or grant-funded fellowships.
Application deadline Friday, September 3rd, apply on our website: 826la.org/internships