A.I.S., Inc. (AIS) is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline. AIS is recruiting a Pelagic Fisheries Observer Coordinator to oversee fishery observer staff by managing their day-to-day operations and tracking their movements while on deployments.
Job duties include (but not limited to):
· Communicate with Federal Task Managers and Federal Coordinators at the facility about debriefings, and observer trainings.
· Oversee and track observer deployments.
· Communicate with commercial fishermen and vessel owners about departure schedules, safety, and vessel environment.
· Perform final data review, data entry, and quality control.
· Track observer requested time off.
· Writing and editing standard operating procedures
· Compiling quarterly reports to track sea days and trip coverage
· Weekly timesheet quality control and monthly checks on inReach overages
· Work with observers as primary field contact to address deployment and safety issues.
· Maintain gear and provide resupplies necessary for observer deployments.
· Travel to ports to conduct vessel inspections to verify suitability to ensure safe observer deployment.
· Make recommendations to increase the program efficiency in regard to recruiting, training and safety
· Deploy as an observer as necessary.
· Occasional evening and weekend work will be required to provide emergency support to observers in the field.
· The Observer Coordinator may be asked to become certified as Marine Safety Trainer through AMSEA.
Compensation: Observers will be paid an hourly rate to be negotiated and total compensation will vary depending on employee’s availability and fishing effort AIS benefits package includes health and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday benefits.
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in Marine Science or related field of study.
- Experience with common word processing, database, statistical, and graphics programs.
- Physically capable of maintaining and moving observer gear.
- Possess problem resolution skills.
- Experience with highly migratory species and associated fisheries.
- At least four years of fishery observer experience (including staff/office positions).
- Must be motivated, self-sufficient, independent, and a strong team player.
- Must be able to work efficiently with a strong concern for completeness and accuracy.
- Possess leadership ability and ensure positive team dynamics.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite programs (excel, word, etc.).
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Capable of writing scientific reports and making oral presentations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Applicants must be currently living, or be willing to live in the area of, Miami, FL
If you would like to apply for one of these exciting new openings, please click the following link http://aisobservers.com/careers/ to submit the required information:
2. Cover letter detailing your applicable experience.
3. At least 5 professional references (name, email address and phone number)
All documents must be submitted for your application to be considered.
If you have any questions pertaining to this opening please feel free to call William Byrd at email@example.com or 774-762-7019.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employer