The production leads has shared responsibility to lead, direct, train and coordinate the team in producing a quality finished product, at the lowest possible cost while ensuring employee and product safety. It is expected that this individual be a role model for fellow workers and act in an unbiased manner.
- Maintains accurate and complete manufacturing records.
- Monitors each operation to assure compliance with document instructions, SOP’s, GMP’s.
- Assigns personnel to the different duties within the manufacturing department.
- Assumes department Supervisor’s position in his absence or when required.
- Instructs personnel in proper working methods and procedures.
- Verifies/audits that all quality assurance activities are performed in accordance with specifications.
- Maintains a constant flow of production through the department. Support managements production objectives.
- Explain, clarify any problems that arises in his/her department to the Supervisor, or to line worker as need arises.
- Uses good judgment to stop any machine, process, and or operation to minimize lost time and avoid further problems.
- The Lead will inform department Supervisor of any situation that may have a negative impact in production and is familiar with all different functions of the department.
- Suggest process improvements and/or methods of manufacture.
- Train, develop and audit employees to ensure they have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform their specified job.
- Train operators and ensure cross training for all key positions.
- Assist and or perform any of the quality functions.
- Ensure that all finished products meet quality standards and specifications.
- Maintain a production environment that complies and follows all quality assurance and government regulated standards.
- Develop meaningful team goals, communicate with team, and share results.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding labor standards, material standards, quality and safety.
- Finding innovative ways to improve processes to increase output, improve quality, and reduce costs through employee involvement and coordinating implementation of ideas.
- Compiles relevant Department performance data and provides feedback to area/function supervisor.
- Troubleshoot problems as quickly and efficiently as possible, in order to sustain continuous production.
- Establish and communicate expectations. Through delegation, assign duties and tasks to employees in an organized manner to support efficient production.
- Ensure proper Sops and GMP requirements are followed by instructing employees and continual monitoring and reinforcement.
- Communicate shift schedule requirements with key employees.
- Coordinate employees to ensure on-time start up and monitor status of production throughout the shift.
- Provide timely, constructive and continual performance feedback to all employees, both formal and informal.
- Responsible for ensuring all paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Monitor and track employee attendance and follow-up with appropriate corrective action.
- Ensuring that in the event of an imminent or unexpected absence the department Supervisor or designee is contacted and given a brief description of any important pending or urgent tasks left at hand.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Â While performing the duties of this job, the employee is;
- Frequently exposed to; airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Regularly exposed to; airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Occasionally exposed to; fumes
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The temperature in the environment may be cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light to moderate physical effort required;
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 5-10 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand, bend and twist
- Regularly required to walk, stand, bend and twist
- Repetitive use of hands; simple grasping, controlled grasping and fine manipulation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include; Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and explain any abnormal situation that results or could result in a problem.
- This job requires High School Graduate or equivalent, some college courses desirable.
- This job requires other specialized knowledge or requirements of ability to work and interact with employees at all levels.
- Employee must understand the basics of Sops, GMP’s, Safety and drawings interpretation.
- Individual poses the ability to effectively communicate written and verbally in English and Spanish.
- Basic math knowledge, highly organized, able to document accurately, basic computer literacy in Excel, Outlook, MS-Word and some DOS.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Bilingual English/Spanish competency in speech and writing is preferred.
Our company offers a great benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with a match. Moreover, we offer our employees the opportunity to work in a challenging new technology and the opportunity to be a part of a strong and talented team who enable healthcare professionals worldwide to improve.
Hours of Work
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.. Due to the nature of these position, hours of work may vary. Leads may be required to work overtime and may be notified of the need for OT with very little and/or no notice. Ability to work hours as needed to support the department, is key.