We are searching for an Administrative Assistant on behalf of our client, a not-for-profit, homeownership advocacy organization located in NE Portland.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for greeting clients, answering phones, entering sensitive client information into the system, filing, making copies and supporting 2 counselors by providing various basic administrative functions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet and welcome clients to the office
- Check clients in and accurately enter their information pertaining to homeownership into the Service Point database
- Answer the office phone
- Filing paperwork
- Making copies and creating packets to be sent out to clients
- Assist as needed in a small team atmosphere
- Assist with grant writing
- Monitoring grant deadlines for foundations
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of office work experience
- Intermediate Microsoft skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Proven track record of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Highly organized
- Warm, friendly and cheery demeanor
Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
This is a temporary opportunity that has the possibility of going permanent offered by Abbott & Associates Professional Placement with their client company.
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates was recognized as a Finalist for the 2018 Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Rated one of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms by Forbes in 2020 and 2021!
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won’t just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!