The Creative Specialist at Channel Bakers is a gifted and highly valued Graphic Designer.
You are part of a team of talented and passionate Creatives across multiple disciplines. Together your focus is delivering high-quality and commercial creative solutions that effectively tell our Client’s brand story, build awareness and ultimately help drive conversion.
You execute creative activities through the overall conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies and support the revenue goals of the organization. You are responsible for driving the creative direction of campaigns through producing attractive and effective designs for our clients, within a variety of different creative programs. An understanding of typography, layout, illustration, and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible. Being able to communicate progress and timelines effectively to clients and stakeholders is key, alongside contributing to the entire creative process and keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends.
You are passionate about design and products, and flexible to work on a variety of assignments with the ability to learn quickly. You are confident when sharing your ideas in a team environment. You are open and willing to receive feedback to help improve your craft and you are happy to support others by doing the same for them.
You are recognized as being highly organized and possess a strong sense of speed to execution. You use your time effectively and efficiently and concentrate your efforts on the more important priorities. You have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job to a high level of accomplishment. You pick up on technical things quickly and are good at learning new products, brands and increasing your technical knowledge. You come up with a lot of new and unique ideas, you easily make connections among previously unrelated notions; you are seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings. You have a curious nature and combined with your strong communication and listening skills are able to ask the right questions to fully understand what the client wants and needs. You are a keen observer of people and culture. You have your finger on the pulse of design and are able to identify what styles are currently trending.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years as a Graphic Designer ideally working as part of a fast-paced creative team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Graphic Design or associated subject
- Skilled user of Adobe Creative Suite Products
- Web Design experience a significant plus but not essential
- Proficient user of standard office software (MS Office etc.)
- Experience of agile working in a fluid, customer-focused environment
- Advertising or Marketing agency experience is a significant bonus but not essential.
- Strong and effective communicator (written, spoken and visual)
- Experience of working as part of a wider high performing team
- Proven track history of driving your own professional and personal development
- Produce attractive and effective designs for all media to tell our Brands’ story
- Deliver high-quality, on-brand, scalable graphics solutions and ensure consistent quality content is delivered on time, every time.
- Edit and refine graphic designs into finished products
- Regularly seek feedback and critique on work produced in order to further develop style and execution
- Liaise effectively with clients and other stakeholders are required
- Support the wider team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Participate during Creative team meetings and share ideas
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally within Channel Bakers and Absurd Media Group with other key stakeholders including People & Culture, Engineering, and Advertising.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and tasks as required
Essential Job Functions:
- This job operates in an office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The Employee is required to stand, walk, bend, uses hand to handle or feel objects, or tools, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Frequently standing/sitting/walking up to 8 hours per day
- Frequently using hands/arms up to 8 hours per day
- Occasionally lifting between 5 – 50 lbs.
- Occasionally climbing/crouching/crawling
- Occasional exposure to fumes
- Moderate noise level
- Frequently viewing a computer monitor screen up to 8 hours per day
- Office Location: Anaheim Hills
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Reports To: Creative Operations Lead
- Travel: Occasional travel maybe required approximately 5% – 10% of the time.
- Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with flexible working potential
Working at Channel Bakers
Working at Channel Bakers is a job like no other.
Our beautiful USHQ is situated in Anaheim Hills overlooking the spectacular views of Chino Hills State Park. We take pride in our inspirational office decor and offer a fun and engaging environment to help our employees bring their best selves to work every single day. Our kitchen is stocked with snacks and refreshments to keep us hydrated and energized all day long and we regularly take time to connect and have fun together as a team. We get to work alongside some incredibly talented co-workers and partner with some of the world’s most prolific and inspirational Brands. We are a truly global organization with offices located in Seattle, the Philippines and the UK and proud to have a very diverse team of Bakers not only from the US but also Germany, France, Brazil, Scotland and Mongolia to name a few!
Our core tenet is that we exist to help people, and this is at the heart of all that we do.
We enjoy the challenge of new and unfamiliar tasks; change is our normal and we can shift gears comfortably. We love to exceed our goals, both work and personal and most importantly we are dedicated to exceeding the expectations or our clients. We value self-development, it helps us help others, better.
- Highly competitive Medical, Dental, Vision benefits.
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted Pet Insurance and other insurances at group rates available
- Fully vested 401K with up to 4% employer match
- Flexible Working
- Paid Time Off (vacation, public holidays, birthday, sick, bereavement etc.)
- Paid volunteer time
- Regular team social events
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages at our HQ
- Financial Advisor Access
- Employee Assistance Program
*We are an E-Verify Employer*