Join one of the largest public accounting and professional services firms in Hawaii focused on creating the next generation of business leaders. Accuity LLP works with top-tier businesses in a variety of industries, helping them adapt to ever-changing market demands with strategic consulting, audit, and tax expertise.
As an audit associate, you’ll work alongside and learn from talented innovators who love tackling problems and finding solutions. We invest in developing leaders and provide a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
In addition to typical benefits, enjoy a progressive benefits package with unique offerings including flexible work arrangements, unlimited time off, life coaching, fitness and wellness classes, and allowances for cell phones and meals. Beyond perks and technical training, our culture is inclusive, balanced, transparent, and collaborative. We believe our people are our greatest asset so we do everything we can to provide the tools, training, and support they need to excel at their jobs.
As an Associate, you will work as part of a team on a variety of client assignments. Experienced Associates will begin to supervise and review the work of other team members. Overtime is expected to complete assignments. Travel may be required.
· Engagement Planning: Gain an understanding of the client’s business and industry. With experience, begin to assist in developing the audit strategy and preparing audit planning documents, including the time budget and detailed staff assignments.
· Fieldwork: Complete assigned work in a timely and efficient manner. Identify issues and seek guidance as appropriate.
· Client Coordination: Effectively communicate with the client to obtain necessary information to complete the engagement.
· Technical and Administrative: Perform and document work in accordance with industry and Firm standards, keeping engagement team well informed of status.
You’re a great fit if you have:
· 0-2 years of audit experience
· Strong technical skills sufficient to perform work in accordance with GAAP and GAAS
· The ability to identify accounting issues requiring resolution
· The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Experience using computer accounting and auditing software programs, as well as Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet applications
Other Essential Attributes
· Ethical and professional
· Business acumen, strong interpersonal and communications skills
· A continuous learning mentality
· Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, or related major with strong accounting concentration.
· Must have earned 150 semester credits and meet all other educational requirements for CPA licensing.
· Hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or be working towards obtaining the license by taking and passing the state CPA exam
· If licensed, be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)