ACE: Grow, Everyone, Every Day.
This mission of ACE Charter Schools is to serve struggling students by working with them to “gain the skills and will” to succeed at ACE schools, college, and beyond. ACE strategically recruits students and families to its three middle schools and one high school that feel disengaged and are falling behind academically. As a result, 91% of our students are considered low-income, 20% of students qualify for special education services, and 50-60% are classified as English-Learners. Our mission demands an equity mindset – we recruit, develop and promote diverse staff. As a result, 74% of our teachers and 70% of our leaders identify as people of color. After 12 years, our model is seeing results: 100% of the ACE High School seniors meet a-g eligibility requirements for CSU/UC compared with 35% across the state.
Our relationship-driven, community-focused approach is embodied in our motto: “Grow, Everyone, Every Day.” As Irene Moran Iboa, parent and ACE board member, commented, “The journey at ACE has been one of (re) discovering the significance of generosity and humility in being a leader and the power of audacity and integrity in making dreams come true. ACE not only just changed my kids’ life, but it changed mine. Now I know that my kids can have a better future and attend a college or university [because of ACE].”
The Alumni Peer Mentor will support current High School seniors and ACE alumni. The mentor will dedicate 10 hours per week for the 2020-2021 academic school year. Effective mentors build positive rapport with students, by coaching them to build self-advocacy skills and mindsets.
This position is managed by the Director of College Completion.
- Support seniors that are not on track to graduate and collaborate with the Director of College Completion for additional support.
- Provide tutoring services to high school students, if needed.
- Support the spring Not-Enrolled College Survey completion efforts
- Other projects, as assigned
Education & Experience
- An Associate’s degree is preferred.
- You are a mission-driven individual who has experience working with diverse student populations, including English language learners and students with disabilities.
Salary & Benefits
- $17 per hour
- This position is part-time (10 hours per week)
- This position is non-exempt
- Please note that this is a temporary position through June 10th, 2021
Physical Work Environment
This position may begin working remotely, under guidance from Santa Clara County Health Department. However, this position will be expected to participate in in-person work when it is safe to do so. This position may also require sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
*For the most up to date information regarding ACE’s reopening plans, please visit ACE’s Facebook page to see the latest recording for our Community Task Force meeting.*