We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
ACRT is currently seeking entry-level professionals whom enjoy working outdoors. Our Work Planner position is ideal for candidates whom are looking to begin a new career and gain experience or for seasoned professionals looking to continue their careers in the environmental field.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along transmission lines; Forester will be responsible for NERC critical facilities; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers. In addition, they will focus on routine IVM programs and be responsible for conducting inventories, managing the IVM crew, and performing quality control inspections.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- 2 year degree in forestry, horticulture, environmental science or closely related field OR in lieu of a degree, 2 years of experience in Utility Vegetation Management or other related field (Ex. general Right-of-Way management, Integrated Vegetation Management, nursery work or timber cutting, etc.)
- Utility experience a plus
- Experience in utility vegetation management a plus
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- ISA Certified Arborist a plus
- Pesticide certification a plus
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver’s license required
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Boot Allowance Program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)