About the Company
Adagene Inc. (Nasdaq: ADAG) is a platform-driven, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the discovery and development of novel antibody-based cancer immunotherapies. Adagene combines computational biology and artificial intelligence to design novel antibodies that address unmet patient needs. Powered by its proprietary DPL platform, composed of NEObody, SAFEbody, and POWERbody technologies, Adagene’s highly differentiated pipeline features novel immunotherapy programs. Adagene has forged strategic collaborations with reputable global partners that leverage its technology in multiple approaches at the vanguard of science.
Adagene is hiring an Associate Scientist with expertise in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines. This position will be perfect for those who loves working in a collaborative environment, and who is driven, creative, and curios. This Associate Scientist will be assisting in clinical testing activities including initial intake, and registration of patient specimens, handling and testing of patient specimens, data entry and quality check of patient information and enter data in the laboratory information system. This position will also support procurement procedures, instrument maintenance, reagent management/preparation, sample management/storage and other lab duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
- Assist in activities related to validation of multiplex IHC assays, multi-color FLOW Cytometry, MSD assays and assays related software.
- Analyze data for trends, making recommendations to senior scientific staff.
- Test clinical specimen (pre-analytical/analytical procedures) as assigned under supervision.
- Perform sample management using LIMS, enter test results and QC data.
- Follow established turn-around-times while maintaining highest quality of test results.
- Author technical documents including SOPs, but not limited to assay work instructions and reports.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results, record corrective actions as appropriate.
- Test new laboratory instruments and new laboratory software.
- Maintain lab instruments, including preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Support procurement function for the lab including ordering reagents and office supplies.
- Coordinate externally for lab maintenance, including building maintenance.
- Assist in administrative supports as required.
Demonstrate understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices, and standards associated with sample testing in a laboratory setting.
Ability to learn, develop, and execute new techniques, can operate independently and in a team environment.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines with 5+ years of experience in related field.
- At least 2 years previous history working in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations.
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in cell culture (primary cells and cell lines).
- At least 1 year experience working in a clear lab environment.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and understanding of molecular and cellular biological techniques directly applicable to the projects (i.e. FACS, MSD, IHC) is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of LIMS is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adagene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your EEO Rights as an applicant.
Adagene will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation.
Adagene will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
Adagene participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Adagene is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Adagene is a drug-free workplace.