As an Advance Local Sales Assistant with NJ Advance Media, you’ll provide pre- and post-sales support to our Sales team, with a focus on client growth through our industry-leading digital and print advertising products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Respond to inbound advertising inquiries and assist new/prospective in-bound clients with basic pricing and deadlines, as well as scheduling appointments for Outside Sales team members with these inbound leads
- Support ongoing efforts to uncover qualified and valuable prospects through ongoing lead prospecting, working from competitive media and other sources
- Support one or more Outside Sales team members by fielding questions, requests, opportunities, etc. that come up in the day-to-day new business sales effort
- Collaborate with our Sales team to facilitate efficient client transitions from Account Executive to Account Manager
- Gain basic understanding of digital and advertising solutions and pricing, etc. through ongoing training
- Obtain accurate information from the advertising fulfillment team to provide client campaign information
- Provide recommendations for creative solutions to occasional client and internal challenges that arise, such as late ad materials, billing issues, etc.
- Work with Digital Account Managers and the Research Team on gathering pre- and post-sale data and competitive market position and opportunities to support sales effort and optimization of existing client programs
- Qualify and/or enter new leads/prospects into SalesForce for the Outside Sales team members
- Work closely with Digital Account Managers and Operations team to ensure that all advertising materials are correct and are released by deadline
- Maintain digitized and print tear-sheets and screenshots to verify campaigns are live and correct, including the coordination of mailing hardcopy publications to print clients
- Prepare simple sales decks and presentations, ideally repurposing existing decks that have been successful and can be easily modified
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience working in a support role, preferably in a sales environment
- Working knowledge of digital advertising projects is preferred (display, search engine marketing, search engine optimization), with the ability to learn new technology
- Familiarity with CRM sales management software, ideally SalesForce
- Ability to build a rapport and confidence with clients
- Excellent communication skills to write, create, and deliver effective presentations
- Self-motivation and resilience
- Well-organized, with an ability to quickly locate necessary data points and pricing information on short notice
- Ability to effectively plan your day and multi-task by pivoting to various sales activities, and work under deadlines
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in PowerPoint and Excel to create presentations and review data
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package with affordable options for your health care including medical, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, fertility assistance, a substantial 401(k) plan to help plan for your future, generous paid time off, paid parental and caregiver leave and an employee assistance program to support your work/life balance, optional legal assistance, life insurance options, as well as flexible holidays to honor cultural diversity.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that’s most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.