In this key position as Buyer/Planner you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to all of our internal customers. An ideal candidate will be one with a very high sense of urgency, is organized, excellent at building rapport, persuasive, a strong problem solver and has excellent follow up skills.
- Generating & reviewing suggested purchase orders for replenishment
- Follow up on PO confirmations and maintain the information in our system
- Constantly review stock levels for expected performance and make adjustments
- Working with vendors in China throughout the product development cycle.
- Ensuring merchandise meets purchase order specifications and vendor compliance requirements
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and always demonstrate excellent communication and professionalism. Candidates that will be considered must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 1 years distribution purchasing experience
- 1 years’ experience working with remote sourcing teams and / or factories to develop products
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize new opportunities
- Strong internet-based research skills
- Ability to speak Mandarin and English (preferred).
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and take initiative without immediate supervision
- Excellent and creative problem solving skills to help customers find solutions
- Excellent communication skills – listening, speaking, and written
- Highly motivated to respond quickly and get things done right away
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook