Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Drug Substance Manufacturing Associate II, who under minimal supervision, is responsible for executing the day to day responsibilities related to the Drug Substance Manufacturing group under the guidance of Aji Bio-Pharma Service’s established procedures and policies. The position works to support of the technical transfer and integration of upstream and downstream processes into the Drug Substance Manufacturing department and will be exposed to fermentation, harvest, recovery, chromatography, and TFF (UF/DF) systems employed during manufacturing campaigns.
- Under minimal supervision, performs various routine upstream and downstream GMP manufacturing tasks under the guidelines of Aji Bio-Pharma Service’s established policies and procedures with high focus on attention to detail.
- Performs job related and mandatory read and understood and qualified GMP training tasks within quality management software.
- Under minimal supervision, uses industrial equipment (to include, but not limited to, forklift and pallet jack).
- Accurately documents data and executes master batch records.
- Under supervision, interfaces with equipment software systems in regards to fermentor and bioprocessing systems.
- Requires minimal supervision to execute fermentation, chromatography, and TFF operations and works independently on applicable assigned tasks.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of upstream and downstream production equipment.
- Collects and disposes of lab waste per established procedures.
- May assist in troubleshooting upstream and downstream manufacturing issues.
- May assist in authoring and/or revising SOPs or production batch records.
- May collect process data for metrics/data trending.
- May train junior team members.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in biologics manufacturing.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within prescribed guidelines or as a team member.
- Ability to follow detailed directions in a manufacturing GMP environment.
- Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, machine operations, and data entry preferred
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.