The Calibration Technician I is responsible for maintaining, testing and repairing a variety of instrumentation and equipment. Ensure instruments, gauges and testing devices are calibrated correctly and provide accurate readings and measurements.
· Perform planned/unplanned/emergency calibrations between runs, on weekends, and during shutdowns per the equipment calibration plans.
· In the event of a failure, assist maintenance as needed to restore equipment to its validated state –includes repairs and fit/function challenges.
· Request obtain approval for, issue, document, complete, and file/process calibration certificates and associated work orders in CMMS and CALMAN.
· Execute change control work related to instrumentation, equipment and systems.
· Account for calibration parts usage and request procurement for parts consumed.
· Draft, route for approval and implement instrument, equipment and devices SOPs.
· Support process deviations and non-conformances related to instrument, system and device calibration issues.
· A minimum possession of High School diploma or GED
· 1-3 years of experience in instrument, device and equipment calibration.
· An understanding of how to use a Digital Multimeter (DMM), a Calibrator and Signal Generator
· Preferable have possession of an International Society of Automation level 1 or ISA License 1 and an Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a four-year college in Instrumentation Engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering