Alight Campus – Client Specialist
Health and Wealth Solutions
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Health Client Specialist
The Health Client Specialist role is where the journey begins for a new colleague at Alight Solutions. A Client Specialist will build the foundation for their career by working in the four core pillars of our client delivery. By learning the fundamentals of the health domain, working on operational routines, developing quality assurance and configuration skills, and lastly beginning to manage projects, you will get a good cross section of what a career could look like here at Alight. The Client Specialist will begin by capitalizing on skills they have already started developing through other experiences such as college or prior employment and will take them to the next level after joining Alight.
The Client Specialist is responsible for delivering a broad spectrum of tasks, including:
- Collaborates with the client to resolve requests they may have related to a project or an escalated employee issue
- Resolves cases and/or systematic edits for our clients’ employees
- Works daily with other Alight Colleagues, third-party providers, and client contacts to ensure seamless process delivery for our clients’ employees
Project & Administration Delivery
- Manages own work and communicates status to team
- Understand how to utilize the data on our proprietary system to perform root cause analysis and trending for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop reports utilizing various data extraction tools to meet client plan rules and/or resolve issues.
- Develops Alight’s proprietary system for new client project requests based upon complete plan rules
- Problem solves systematic issues by analyzing Alight’s proprietary system to determine gaps in functionality as compared to client plan rules to arrive at the true root cause of an issue.
- Demonstrates quality assurance fundamentals by executing test plans to ensure client plan rules meet systematic specifications
- Define plan rules for new client facing project work
- Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
- Opportunity to oversee and coach others with regards to a specific project and/or process
- Lead projects utilizing standard project management disciplines
- Understands the project life cycle and deployment governance
- Works globally to ensure the Alight team is delivering exceptional service to clients and their plan participants
- Readily accepts and applies feedback
- Develops the ability to deliver feedback to team members
- Champion of the Alight Operating System
- Own your development by always asking for new project work
- Engages in ongoing courses to support continued personal development
What does a day in the life look like?
As we said above, you will experience many different activities at the outset of your career that will allow you to get exposure to all of our core functions within Alight. It’s important to know that your experience could, at times, be different than your peers depending on the needs of your team, the time of year, and the complexity of your client. That is perfectly expected and OK!
The important thing to remember is that while you may do different things at different times than other Client Specialists, you will get exposure to everything eventually. Examples of day to day activities could include the following:
- Working on escalations from our client that are urgent in nature
- Participating in quality assurance testing efforts to ensure our projects move to the production environment per requirements
- Cleaning up participant accounts that result from systematic defects or bad data
- Partnering with our Client Managers in the development of a project’s requirements
- Completing participant workflows or systematic edits
- Configure our system for a project based on client requirements
- Helping teammates close out work activities if they have a larger workload
- Bachelor’s degree (in a business context preferred) or equivalent work experience required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Work with global resources which may require flexible hours.
- Daily contact with clients-whether directly aligned to project work or for developing the client relationship.
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to 2 hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite, must graduate between December 2021 – June 2022.
Expected Start Date:
Atlanta, GA, Orlando, FL, The Woodlands, TX, or Lincolnshire, IL preferred. However, will consider WFH (work from home).
We offer you
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs,
practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.