- Supports ALLETE Clean Energy (ACE) and its affiliates by providing a variety of accounting, financial, and budget related support.
- Prepares and maintains periodic and miscellaneous accounting entries.
- Processes accounting data and transactions.
- Reviews and analyzes accounting or financial data.
- Supports landowner payment process.
- Prepares and presents financial and operating reports and variance analysis and participates in other accounting processes.
- Responsibilities include internal & external reporting, intercompany billing coordination & payments to ALLETE, interfacing with internal & external stakeholders, inventory and fixed asset oversight, debt compliance, cash projections, and a variety of related duties.
- Preparation of the annual operating budgets, documentation of ACE policies and procedures; and contract retention & management.
- Complies with standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- May be required to represent ACE to third parties including but not limited to: landowners, creditors, and partners.
- High degree of initiative to complete assigned duties is required, as well as high level of organizational skills and the ability to perform duties under time constraints.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and analysis of Project and Construction budgets.
- Provide the project team with accurate and timely cost information.
- Develop and maintain cost reports to help support the project.
- Exceptional communication skills are required to be able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting strongly preferred, but an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work may be considered.
- Professional certification or equivalent is strongly desired.
Accounting Analyst I
- No experience required
Accounting Analyst II
- Four years or more related experience
- Proficiency with accounting systems and Microsoft Office software suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required in order to establish and maintain relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.