This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- On generating units of 300 mw or less, provides leadership, direction, prioritization and scheduling of weekly, daily and after hour activities while complying with environmental rules and all other regulatory laws, including MP standards.
- Coordinates plant equipment and resources to meet customer requirements while maximizing efficiency within manufacturers specifications.
- Assists with development of strategic business plan for plant operations.
- The Senior has technical expertise and works in all aspects of operations and general maintenance of plant and transitions between duties associated with all areas of plant as needed.
- Maintains and repairs plant equipment and systems within generation standards, manufacturers’ guidelines and complies with Federal and State laws and regulations, and Company rules.
- Includes, but not limited to, use of hand tools, power hand tools, minor valve maintenance, lubrication, preventative maintenance tasks, filters and light fixture maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six years or more work related job experience
- Works rotating 12 hour shifts
- Must possess Chief Grade “A” State of Minnesota Stationary Engineer License
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain working relationships
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, audiometric and pulmonary function testing, job match and/or aptitude
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.