The Programs and Services Representative role will assist in the planning, development, and delivery of Minnesota Power’s customer programs and services with a primary focus on electric heating and residential new construction programs. Provides process and technical support to customers, utility personnel, vendors and other stakeholders to coordinate and promote electric heating. Customer service experience and background in high performance residential building practices is preferred. Establishes and maintains positive relationships, internally and externally, to promote company goals. Significant level of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required. Effective performance in this position requires a positive, self-motivated team player.
- Serve as a point of contact for residential customers interested in electric heating.
- Promote Dual Fuel and New Construction programs through organization of events, activities and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to customers considering electric heat for their home.
- Maintain a general understanding of electric heating technologies
- Assist in development and delivery of Minnesota Power’s Dual Fuel and New Construction strategy.
- Research industry trends and technology advancements related to high performance building practices and energy efficient heating and cooling systems.
- Interface with internal departments and external stakeholders.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
PROGRAMS & SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE I
- Bachelor’s degree, no experience required
- Preferred discipline in business administration, communication, energy management, engineering, economics or finance
- A two year technical or associates degree with an emphasis on energy management, communications, business, mechanical trades or related fields PLUS two years or more related experience
PROGRAMS & SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE II
- Bachelor’s degree PLUS four years or more of related experience
- Preferred degree in business administration, communication, energy management, engineering, economics or finance
- A two year technical or associates degree with an emphasis on energy management, communications, business, mechanical trades or related fields PLUS six years or more related experience
*Related experience includes working with energy efficiency programs with a balance of technical, program administration, customer service, and marketing skills. Experience with high performance building practices and home energy rating preferred
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Regular travel within the Minnesota Power service territory to visit customer and contractor sites is required.
- May spend significant time away from employer’s place of business, and may be exposed to hazardous or dirty environments at customer sites.
- Effective performance in this position requires a positive, self-motivated team player.
- Experience working with residential customers and mechanical or electrical contractors is preferred.
- Knowledge of utility data systems, metering and energy management technologies is a definite advantage.
- Experience with high performance building practices, home energy rating and heat pump technology.
- Significant level of interpersonal and communication skills required.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match, and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.