This position may be considered for a hybrid work arrangement based on ALLETE’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the employee’s position will be a blend of work performed both in-person and at an offsite location such as an employee’s home office. This position will report to Duluth, MN
- Under little to no direction, assists in developing, maintaining, and analyzing the capital projects portfolio which contain comprehensive project planning and construction type schedules
- Provide technical leadership to scheduler staff to ensure schedules and resource assignments are coordinated with the overall portfolio
- Develop and maintain project construction schedules while assessing and addressing schedule risks
- Perform scenario modeling for cross-functional teams to determine the best approach to balance the portfolio throughout portfolio execution
- Demonstrate expertise with scheduling software, work management, accounting systems, data integration, and disciplines involved in planning, designing, constructing, and closing out projects
- Obtain project status information from Project Team members to update and maintain their assigned schedule tasks
- Utilize problem solving and analytical skills required to manage workload.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree PLUS eight years or more of related experience*
- An associate degree PLUS 10 years or more of related experience*
Related experience should include experience with scheduling software (i.e. Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or equivalent).
- Electric utility, infrastructure, or industrial fields, project management, construction management, project controls, scheduling, or budgeting experience preferred.
***Applicable military service/experience may be considered as an equivalency to satisfy the education and/or experience requirement***
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively establish, build, and maintain positive and productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Requires analytical, investigation, and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant Project Management Institute (PMI) certification program preferred.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This job posting will be available for application until the position has been filled OR the posting close date noted herein, whichever date is earlier.
ALLETE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.