- Provides technical knowledge in the analysis, development and maintenance of ALLETE’s short and long term Utility Planning activities including energy, load, transmission, and capacity requirements.
- Provides Utility Planning and energy purchasing recommendations and input based on studies and analyses.
- Plans, researches, and analyzes data to support the development of Minnesota Power’s Short and Long Term power supply plans, transmission needs, and associated reports.
- Ensures the state and regional power industry rules, policy, and standards are incorporated into all Utility Planning activities.
- Use financial models to analyze and assess information relating to investment prospects and strategies.
- Negotiate contracts and vet current/emerging processes to develop ideas and project tactics.
- Works internally with the Generation Operations, Transmission, Distribution, Customer Experience, Accounting, Energy Supply and Regulatory Revenue Management departments to gather and analyze relevant information in support of the Short and Long Term power supply, delivery and Load Forecast needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred degree in marketing, economics, finance, business administration, engineering or related field.
- Six year or more related work experience
- Related experience may include but is not limited to utility sourcing, project development, consulting, data accumulation and interpretation, and finance.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills required to build and maintain working relationships.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills required to manage assigned tasks and combine several data sources together to gain insights.
- An advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required, along with experience with data management software for advance analytics (i.e. SAS) and basic computer programming understanding is also preferred.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.