Are you a strong collaborator with the ability to gain buy-in from people at all levels of an organization? Are empathy and discretion strong traits of yours? Are you solutions-oriented and energized by the idea of solving various challenges?
If so, Alpha’s Human Resources Manager role may be just what you’re looking for. As the Human Resources Manager, you are responsible for running efficient HR operations for Alpha and supporting its employees. From day-to-day people operations administration to various projects that ensure we are continuously improving our employee experience, you will be the point person in many areas that support Alpha’s teams. Alpha is fiercely entrepreneurial and our students, families, and teachers are focused on creating in our scholars self-reliant leaders who will achieve success in their school, college, and career. As the Human Resources Manager, you will play a major role in supporting this work.
What you’ll do…
- Embody the mission, vision, and core beliefs of Alpha.
- Manage and lead one direct report to execute administrative responsibilities:
- Maintain human resource information system records
- Establish and maintain department records and reports
- Facilitating the onboarding and offboarding process for all employees
- Administer employee benefits, PTO, sick leave, and leaves of absence
- Advise managers in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures
- Coordinate Alpha’s efforts to ensure all teachers are fully credentialed and liaise with various institutions to support our teachers in furthering their credentials
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Partner in the development and implementation of HR initiatives to improve management capabilities
- Partner with the Finance team to process payroll and pay related processes
You stand out by being…
- Collaborative: You are especially team-oriented and are able to communicate and influence effectively across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Organized: You multitask and manage competing priorities effectively
- A trusted resource: You demonstrate subject matter expertise in human resources and can serve as the point person and thought partner for various teams and in delicate situations that require tact and consideration
- Focused on growth: You exhibit a strong commitment to your professional development by staying up-to-date with the most recent changes in legislation and human resources trends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ in the HR field
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google applications
- Experience with HR Information Systems (i.e. Zenefits)– Highly preferred
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.