American Museum Of Natural History
Director, Corporate Engagement
The American Museum of Natural History seeks to hire a Director of Corporate Engagement. The Director of Corporate Engagement is an essential member of the Institutional Advancement team, helping to develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure new and renewed sponsorships and grants from corporations and corporate foundations. Reporting to the Vice President of Government and Corporate Relations, the Director of Corporate Engagement will lead a team of three to meet annual corporate fundraising goals by managing and supporting the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of new and returning corporate vendors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure and/or increase corporate sponsorships and grants from new and existing donors.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of current and prospective corporate partners.
• Grow the pipeline of new corporate funders and implement moves management strategies to increase levels of sponsorship.
• Manage and mentor three Corporate Relations team members, overseeing the execution of the comprehensive fundraising strategy and annual goal setting.
• Establish annual financial goals in conjunction with the Vice President of Corporate Relations and Government.
• Produce customized letters of inquiry, grant and sponsorship proposals, and general correspondence for corporate donors.
• Provide high-touch stewardship of current donors through stewardship reports, acknowledgement letters, and frequent written communication.
• Establish and manage a Corporate Leadership council to develop increased corporate presence in New York City and nationally.
• Collaborate with Museum education and curatorial staff to produce up-to-date content regarding sponsorship opportunities, exhibitions, and events.
• Communicate regularly with Museum’s Communications and Marketing and Legal departments to ensure compliance.
• Develop and/or revise corporate benefits to meet changing objectives.
• Leverage current philanthropic trends and best practices around corporate giving to creatively secure funding.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 7 to 10 years of development experience, with at least five years of successful solicitation and stewardship of five and six figure corporate grants.
• Demonstrated success in managing a fundraising program, resulting in measurable revenue growth.
• Supervisory experience and proven commitment to building an inclusive, collaborative, and results-driven team.
• Exceptional written, verbal, research, and editorial skills, in addition to strong organization and leadership abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines, in collaboration with various departments within the Museum.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2444155
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.