American Museum Of Natural History
Executive Assistant To Senior Vice-President
The Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President, Institutional Advancement, Strategic Planning, and Education will assist with all administrative, secretarial, day to day activities, and special projects of the Senior Vice President.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as point of contact for Senior Vice President.
• Heavy calendar management requiring interaction with executives, assistants, professionals, board members, donors, staff members, and consultants.
• Prioritize and resolve scheduling conflicts.
• Schedule meetings, conferences, visits, and tours (coordinate participants, arrange logistics and catering) using either Zoom, conference calls, or onsite planning.
• Keep SVP prepared and on schedule.
• Handling travel arrangements, itineraries, and expense reports.
• Typing and drafting correspondence.
• Liaising with the Board of Trustees, museum executives, as well as departmental administrative and support staff.
• Tracking projects and project deliverables and assist with project management.
• Accommodate ad hoc requests.
• Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
• Work closely with IA’s Office manager to ensure cleanliness in SVP’s office, keep supplies stocked.
• Answering and screening phone calls.
• Screening office visitors and directing to appropriate location/meeting.
• Create and maintain effective filing and collaboration systems.
• Obtain executive signatures on contracts and other documents.
• Handling mailing for SVP, including receiving mail, preparing FedEx packages, handling messenger services, etc.
• Other related duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree. · A minimum of 3 years of experience as an executive assistant or equivalent office experience. · Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite (Acrobat), Keynote, and both PC and MAC operating systems. · Impeccable business acumen and knowledge of executive protocol, strong interpersonal skills.· Experience managing logistics for online teams, especially in Teams and Zoom. · Excellent written and oral communication skill.· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail for the coordination of complex executive meetings and schedule. · Ability to take initiative where appropriate. · Ability to multitask, and to work quickly and efficiently with a positive professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment. · Familiar with standard office equipment, i.e. copiers, business telephones, projectors, fax machines.· Commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line through our external application system which handshake will redirect applicants to.
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.