American Museum Of Natural History
The IT Project/Product Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of plans for application related projects within the IT department and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that stakeholders’ application related needs and requests are documented, prioritized, and completed. They project manage system upgrades, system implementations, and ongoing product management for all applications supported by the Product and Planning group. The Manager is a key link between stakeholders and IT technical resources and ultimately ensures that IT’s technology and products align with stakeholders’ needs and strategic goals as well as with holistic and sound technology strategy.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
General Project/Product Management:
• Produce and manage product roadmaps, working with stakeholders and IT to collect and prioritize requests and needs
• Develop and execute project plans, aligning project timelines with stakeholders and IT, and making sure projects are completed as expected, on time, and within budget
• Provide regular project updates to IT leadership team
• Delegate project tasks to appropriate staff within and outside of IT
• Make effective decisions when developing project plans and product roadmaps; including prioritization assigning of tasks, clarification of requirements
• Provide first level of QA before products are handed over for stakeholder testing
• Schedule and lead application upgrades; coordinate with IT and stakeholders to determine timing and timeline for completing upgrades
• Provide technical and stakeholder justification for completing system upgrades
• Work with stakeholders to schedule training, and demos for new features or functionality
• Oversee stakeholder QA required for upgrade
• Create and maintain stakeholder test scrips
Application Evaluation and Implementation:
• Provide guidance to stakeholders looking to implement new applications or an existing application with desired functionality
• Lead implementations of new and existing applications; coordinate IT tasks and efforts, collect and review stakeholder requirements, work with vendors to confirm product requirements and implementation
• Work with stakeholders to confirm when a new application is needed vs. when an existing Museum application can be leveraged to accomplish stakeholder goals; align similar stakeholder needs across existing IT supported applications
• Lead and support other IT projects and efforts as requested by IT Directors and CIO
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Experience managing projects or as a product manager.
• Experience managing or implementing new technology.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to problem solve and think independently and creatively.
• Project management certification preferred.
• Experience working in Museum or non-profit environment preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2038436
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.