Aon is looking for Environmental, Social and Governance Consulting Interns!
Rewards Solutions, a unit of Aon’s Human Capital Solutions practice, is looking for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Consulting Interns to support our growing Governance practice. The ideal candidate is a team player with impeccable attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and thrives in a collegial, collaborative environment with smart, fun peers.
We are looking for students to work remotely for 15-20 hours per week, earning $20 per hour beginning in the Fall Semester of 2021.
Why ESG Consulting?
The role of ESG Consultants within our Rewards Solutions group involves assisting companies in developing tailored programs structured to clients’ specific needs by employing industry-leading market data, combined with our knowledge and experience in developing governance and ESG guidance and programs, for leading organizations in multiple industries.
As an Intern, you will play a key role in areas ranging from data analysis to initial report preparation. This role is critical to the overall management of client engagements by effectively analyzing Rewards Solutions’ proprietary survey data to develop strategic recommendations for our clients. This position assists with a variety of client requests, while also providing the opportunity for involvement in a wide spectrum of projects, exposure to dynamic and high-growth industries, and regular interaction with peer and senior level teammates. Over the course of their internship, Consulting Interns will receive full insight on how to build a solid foundation for a career path at Aon.
Your impact as an Aon Intern
This internship program is designed to develop the advanced analytical and research skillset needed to prepare college students for advancement into a consulting career by working hands-on with experienced consultants.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Collaborate on the development of data analysis and client strategy for messaging around Environmental, Social, and Governance engagement
- Assist in auditing client corporate governance practices
- Assist in ESG data profiling across large, mid and small cap public or private companies
- Understand how the regulatory and industry environment may inform a client’s governance structure
- Understand the various partners involved in the ESG landscape, how it impacts shareholder value and informs investment decisions
- Engage in day-to-day communication with project teams
- Conduct research and data analytics, and synthesize into a few salient bullet points
- Collaborate and network within the organization
Issue Area Exposure & Knowledge
- Provide analytical support quantitatively/qualitatively assessing annual meeting ballot items, pay-for-performance, board composition risks, and proxy advisor influence to identify sources of concern to shareholders in executive compensation, corporate governance proposals and/or other governance-related risks
- Analyze client metrics, specifically involving Environmental, Social and Governance factors, such as Board of Director Oversight, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Human Capital Management (HCM), climate change, cyber security and environmental management
- Knowledge of data extraction and navigation within the US Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR or other financial information sources
- Understand the relationship of an SRC/EGC status to the disclosure of CEO pay ratio and getting a feel for the maturity of an organization in its life cycle
- Some knowledge of or interest in the various frameworks companies may align with to incorporate ESG disclosure, such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, UNSDGs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Time management skills
- Multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Working proficiency/passion for working closely with law, compliance matters, and regulatory policy
- Highly organized and motivated
Education & Application Information
Graduate students or Junior/Senior year Undergraduate students with a displayed interest in both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of problem solving (through choice of major, work experience and/or participation in school organizations).
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
What makes Rewards Solutions unique?
Rewards Solutions empowers the world’s most innovative organizations to hire, retain and engage the amazing people they need to create life-changing solutions and products. We also empower our colleagues for success through top-notch formal training; invaluable on-the-job experiences, including immediate and direct contact with clients; untethered access to our world-class data; a flat organizational hierarchy that allows for fast communication, collaboration and decision-making; and the global resources of Aon. We look for individuals who are inclusive, responsive, agile, and over-deliver – all while having fun and maintaining a sense of humor.
Rewards Solutions is part of the Human Capital Solutions practice at Aon plc.
Our Aon Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, Aon is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.