Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), Southeast Division (SED) in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Principal Full-Stack Developer for a position developing and improving a weapon effects software architecture for an advanced physics-based computational system. This system will be deployed for use in the Department of Defense. The candidate will have a strong passion and background in full-stack, software development, and making quality production software at all stages of the software lifecycle.
What you’ll do as a Principal Full-Stack Developer:
- Lead planning and deploy updates to our current R&D software architecture for operational use at TRL 8 for Windows and Linux environments
- Lead planning, SW development and oversight:
- Understanding and making design recommendations for robustness, IA requirements and user requirements
- Refactoring and enhancing our current software architecture to achieve TRL 8 requirements
- Working with Agile teams
- Integration of M&S physics-based weapon effects models
- User interface design and development
- Visualization of results and datasets
- Work directly with our customers, other contractors, and other ARA teams to cross-integrate capabilities
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
Principal Full-Stack Developer Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or similar with a minimum of 12 years of work experience
- Experience in full-stack software development
- Strong Java and C++ programming skills for Linux and Windows OS
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with code scanning tools like Fortify
- Experience with Eclipse/IntelliJ, Visual Studio, and JIRA
Principal Full-Stack Developer Preferences:
- Current active security clearance
- Experience with weapon effects or other related DoD software systems and models
- Familiarity with containerization and infrastructure as code technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- AWS, Microsoft, or CompTIA Cloud Certification
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/