At ARA, we strive to hire valuable colleagues with not only the right skills but also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service, and growth. As a cloud engineer on our team, you are the backbone of our strategic initiatives and will be responsible for developing technology critical to the success of our projects as well as national security.
You will be working on a team that is building a cloud-based development environment. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of hardware, software engineers, and security specialists to design and implement a secure cloud-based software development and maintenance environment. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
Staff Cloud Engineer Required Experience & Skills:
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or a related technical field with 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Relocation to San Antonio, TX; this position involves minimal travel for collaboration with customers and partners
Preferred Experience & Skills as a Staff Cloud Engineer:
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skillset that you could succeed in the role. In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience setting up cloud services
- Experience administering Linux and/or Windows servers
- Experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/