Join our team of IT professionals providing support to a large group of software developers and engineers. Our IT support staff are valued members of the team tasked with work that is critical to the success of our projects. This position is available on-site in our Raleigh, NC office or fully remote nationwide.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking professionals with a background in Information Technology support for an exciting opportunity as a Staff Systems Development SharePoint Specialist with our IT Department. The successful applicant will become a member of an IT Support team that provides tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 and application level support to several divisions within ARA and approximately 600 users, in addition to providing secure computing support directly to government contracts.
We are looking to hire a talented SharePoint Developer to create customized SharePoint solutions for our company. As a SharePoint Developer, you will be responsible for configuring and customizing SharePoint systems according to company specifications, building scalable web applications, writing and modifying code, debugging software, and training staff.
To ensure success as a SharePoint Developer, you should have extensive knowledge of SharePoint and MS Office software, proficiency with front-end programming languages, and the ability to solve complex software issues. Ultimately, a top-class SharePoint Developer can create clean, scalable SharePoint websites that meet all company design and functionality requirements.
As a SharePoint Developer you will devise solutions for solving basic customer problems using company furnished computer systems and equipment or commercial off-the-shelf packages. Works with end users and may assist with training. Occasionally, may provide guidance and assistance to less experienced staff. Continues to improve technical expertise through the identification of new processes and technical alternatives to resolve problems and/or general improvements.
Staff Systems Development SharePoint Specialist Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
- Performs SharePoint design using software development fundamentals and processes, especially using the SharePoint Framework (SPx)
- Proficient in SharePoint 2019 and SharePoint Online using both 2013 Workflows and Power Automate flows
- Experience using Javascipt front-end frameworks, either Angular or React or Vue on SharePoint sites
- Works with program managers to define requirements, design solutions, and implement UI/backend in SharePoint test environment
- Debug, test, and deploy SharePoint solutions
- Demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, and diagrams
- Build proof of concept examples of SharePoint solutions from functional/business requirements
- Customize new and existing SharePoint 2019 and 2016 custom solutions using standard tools, including the creation of new workflows, standalone Web parts and BCS objects to allow real-time views of external databases
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing Web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators
- Excellent understanding of the software development process, including design patterns, requirements analysis, testing, and deployment
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Develops .NET code in support of SharePoint 20XX based solutions including components such as web parts, workflows, list/library/site definitions, event receivers (including remote/Azure), web part pages, etc.
- Ensures developed code is versioned and proper source control is practiced
- Leverages all tools available to develop SharePoint solutions, including Visual Studio (Code), SharePoint Designer, InfoPath and any available third party solution development tools
- Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts
- Develop (code), implement and maintain tools/applications. Ensures applications and systems possess exhibit sufficient controls.
- Perform unit testing prior to moving code/configuration to the QA process
- Evaluate and researches upgrades, patches and new functionality; research defects and solve for root cause
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team & department performance
Staff Systems Development SharePoint Specialist Preferences:
- Develop Power BI Reports using relational data
- Knowledgable in the following Microsoft products: SharePoint, Windows Server, SQL Server
- Knowledgable in the following programming languages: C#.NET, ASP.NET, Visual Basic .NET
- Self-directed, detail oriented, problem solver
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,500 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) & 401(k) with matching program, benefits package which includes medical, dental vision, flex spending, telehealth services, company-paid life & disability insurance including paid maternity disability leave through our company-paid short-term disability benefit, domestic partner coverage, dependent care flex spending, daycare discounts, pet insurance, relocation opportunities, floating holidays, tuition reimbursement, professional development as well as flexible schedules with remote/work from home options. ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace. In 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments. Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs and so on. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.