Remote Data entry clerks are responsible for inputting a high volume of data from multiple sources into a database, ensuring that all necessary data is being entered and maintained. In addition, data entry clerks must verify and edit data as needed. Aside from the primary duty of data entry, many data entry clerks also perform other general office tasks like scanning documents and answering phones.
Data entry clerks must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Much of the training for data entry clerks happens on-the-job. Beyond that, they must be computer savvy, have an eye for detail, and possess quick typing skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 0 – 1 year of data entry experience or related office experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately
- Comfortable with office equipment including a computer, telephone, scanner, calculator, and photocopier
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically