Job Title: Senior Maintenance Technician – Electrician
Department: Operations and Facilities Support
Supervisor: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Regular, Non-Exempt
Class Code: B36/B41
Under direct supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, this position performs installation, repair and maintenance of electrically powered systems and equipment including distribution systems, following accepted procedures and techniques of the electrical trade.
- Provides quality guest service to both internal and external guests by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive and professional) working attitude and appearance.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and installing electrical devices and services throughout facility.
- Provides routine scheduled maintenance and follows preventative maintenance schedules; includes SES inspections, smoke detector inspections, and exterior lighting inspections.
- Assists with installation and repair of other types of equipment and fixtures.
- Monitors condition of equipment and systems.
- Assists with fabrication of new exhibits and/or prototypes.
- Provides scheduled and emergency after-hours maintenance or repair.
- Interprets schematic drawings and technical instructions.
- Documents work performed on work orders.
- Ensures the safety of all guests (external and internal) at all times, including in case of Zoo-related emergency.
- Maintain cleanliness in work areas.
- Performs other trades as needed (plumbing, carpentry, etc.).
- Performs any other duties and projects as fits the needs of the ACNC’s business strategy.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and supervisors to support ACNC’s Core Values and mission statement.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- High School Diploma, trade school diploma, or electrical certification preferred.
- 5 years of experience in zoo, campus, or industrial maintenance with emphasis in electricity at a Journeyman level.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code requirements and practices.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations regarding electrical safety and work practices.
- Skill in interpreting schematic drawings, charts and technical instructions.
- Knowledge of the application and use of testing equipment utilized in checking, testing, and analyzing electrical systems, such as voltammeters, voltage testers, ohm meters, etc.
- Availability to work weekends, late evenings and holidays.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to operate a forklift, scissor lift and boom lift.
- Possession of valid driver license.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background and DMV check, drug test, and annual TB test.