The Wilson Elementary School District #7 Governing Board announces a search for a new district superintendent. Qualified applicants are invited to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
We believe that education should be shaped by a sense of purpose. We are dedicated to the total personal development of each student in our district. We believe that the ultimate goal in education should be to prepare a stable, yet adaptive student for a world of rapid change. Our instruction will maintain flexibility in adapting to this ever-changing society. Working together with parents and community, we will strive to develop each student’s intellectual, physical, moral, emotional, aesthetic, creative, and social growth so that the student may become a useful and responsible member of home, community, and society while leading a personally rewarding life.
At Wilson School District, we believe the Superintendent, Under the direction of the Governing Board, provides educational leadership and executive direction to the Governing Board, schools, community, personnel, programs, activities and operations of the district; to assure compliance with established goals, objectives and legal requirements concerning district administration and instruction, so that each individual student enrolled in our district may be provided with a complete, valuable, meaningful, and personally rewarding education.
- Master’s degree or higher in education leadership or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Doctorate degree in educational leadership or a related field from an accredited college or university (preferred)
- Minimum of five years’ successful teaching experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in educational administration
- Experience as a public school superintendent (preferred)
- Hold a current Arizona Superintendent’s Certificate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Superintendent
- Develops, implements and maintains strategic planning processes for district functions.
- Assures that the laws and regulation are faithfully executed.
- Assists the board in the identification of student achievement goals and implements programs designed to achieve and evaluate progress toward meeting those goals.
- Supervises the development of systems for budget development, purchase of goods and services, accountability for expenditure of district funds, and analyses and reporting of the district’s financial position to the board and the public.
- Participates in all board meetings by assisting the board in the development of the meeting agenda, by preparing background materials and analyses of issues brought to the board, and by preparing recommendation on all issues brought to the board for decisions.
- Prepares and submits to the board recommendations relative to all matters requiring board action, placing before the board such necessary and helpful facts, information and reports as are needed to ensure the making of informed decisions.
- Informs and advises the board about the programs, practices and problems of the district and keeps the board informed of the activities operating under the board’s authority.
- Hold such meetings of teachers and other employees as necessary for the discussion of matters concerning the improvement and welfare of the district.
- Develops and implements plans for dealing with emergencies and takes the necessary steps in time of emergency to safeguard students, staff, residents and school district property.
- Keeps informed of modern educational thoughts and practices by advanced study, visiting school systems elsewhere, attending educational conferences, and by other appropriate means, and keeps the board informed of trends in education.
- Keeps the public informed about modern educational practices, educational trends and the policies, practices and problems in the system’s schools.
- Recommends and advises the board on the need for new and/or revised policies and procedures necessary for efficient conduct of the district.
- Studies and revises, together with staff, all curriculum guides and courses of study, on a continuing basis.
- Assists the board with the development of board policy and established rules, forms, guidelines and procedures to implement board policy.
- Promotes good public relations between the district and the community by school activities, press, radio and TV releases, school/parent activities.
- Personal participation in community activities and talks, bulletins and reports and conferences.
- Establishes procedures for communication between and among the board, district staff, media, public and other business, governmental and educational organization of the community, region, state and national.
- Supervises the development of systems for the recruitment, employment, evaluation, in-service, development, compensation, and benefits for all district staff.
- Represents the board in its dealings with city, county, state and federal governmental agencies and assists in the development and pursuit of a legislative agenda.
- Makes recommendations of new facilities or additions to existing facilities, and supervises the acquisition, construction, maintenance, renovation and disposal of all district facilities and properties.
The Governing Board Seeks a Superintendent who has the Following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:Federal and state laws relative to education.
- Group dynamics and group processes.
- Strategic planning and forecasting alternative futures and resource allocations.
- Skilled in:Instructional leadership.
- Evaluating educational programs.
- Setting long and short-range goals.
- Communicating and negotiating with diverse community groups, bargaining units, funding bodies and other private and public institutions.
- Managing educational issues within a multi-cultural setting with diverse socioeconomics.
- Ability to:Develop and operate multi-million-dollar budgets and programs
- Meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Assess organizational strengths and weaknesses and administer policies accordingly.
District Operational Information
- Total professional staff FTE: 68
- Total support staff FTE: 87
- Current year M&O budget: $9,397,501
- Current Capital budget: $976,095
- Primary tax rate: 3.4287
- Secondary tax rate: 1.7111
- Primary net assessed value: $117,860,685
- Bonding capacity: (10% of FCV Net) $15.2 million
- Bonds outstanding:
- August 2006
- $100,000 currently outstanding
- Matures July 2021
- December 2009
- $865,000 currently outstanding
- Matures July 2024
- July 2013
- $1,025,000 currently outstanding
- Matures July 2032
- July 2014
- $1,475,000 currently outstanding
- Matures July 2030
- Last M&O override passed November 2020
- Last DAA override passed November 2018
- Last bonds approved by voters November 2012
- No bond authorization remaining
- Last Bonds Issued July 2014
Salary and Contract
The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $120,000. The actual salary for the successful candidate will be determined during contract negotiations and will be based on experience and professional preparation.
The district offers a competitive benefit package that will be finalized during contract negotiations.
Please visit, https://www.applitrack.com/azsba/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=264, to view the full job description including roles, responsibilities and requirements.