ASEP SoCal is hiring instructors / teachers for elementary school after school programs.
If you are ready to help students think bigger apply now at: https://asepsocal.org/apply
Our mission is to educate, innovate, and inspire. To provide fun and positive educational programs, because every child deserves the chance to think bigger!
We teach different programs to elementary school students throughout southern California. Our most popular programs are:
- Chess Masters
- Comic Creators
If you want to make a difference in the lives of children, and are passionate about teaching, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
- This is a part time position that offers 5-10 hours per week.
- This is a seasonal position; hours are not provided when schools are not in session (Holidays, Summer)
- Employees work with groups of 15-30 students.
- Employees must pass a criminal background check and test negative for tuberculosis.
- Employees must commute to schools where programs are held.
- All schools we work with require proof of vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results. Instructors must be able to provide one or the other to be qualified for employment.
- Experience working with K-6th grade students is HIGHLY preferred.
- Experience leading games, crafts, or other organized activities with children HIGHLY preferred.
- Experience with content areas is NOT necessary but preferred. All instructors are trained on program content/curriculum. ALL staff is expected to know/learn how to play Chess!
- You are able to work between 11:00 am to 4:30 pm at least three times a week (M-F).
- You are high-energy, outgoing, reliable, and enthusiastic.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have your own reliable transportation (car).
- Minimum Wage during training.
- Starting pay $22.50/hour (approximately $35 per class). $25/hour after 60 day probation period!
- Mileage reimbursement included.
We have schools in the following locations:
- North Orange County
- East Los Angeles County
- San Gabriel Valley
This job is a fun and relaxed environment where you get to make a difference in a student’s life. You get to show students every day that they can accomplish something great. The hours are light and flexible, perfect for those completing degrees or working another part-time job.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.50 to $35.00 /hour
For consideration, please complete an official application at: https://asepsocal.org/apply
All schools we work with require proof of vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results. Instructors must be able to provide one or the other to be qualified for employment.