Position: Inventory Coordinator
Location: Arcadia, Wisconsin
Are you interested in joining our growing team? Ashley Furniture is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and analytical individual to join our Supply Chain Planning team as an Inventory Coordinator! This full-time position requires strong organizational skills and an uncanny attention to detail.
As an Inventory Coordinator, you’ll get the opportunity to operate a global manufacturing supply chain, replenish inventory, analyze information, and communicate recommendations to improve inventory flow and replenishment. You’ll get the opportunity to quickly impact the business and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your ideal qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a professional office environment for any of the following functions: Logistics, inventory, business, finance, research, support, or customer service (Will consider recent graduates)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related discipline is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, database, spreadsheet, and software packages.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization as well as a strong ability to work in a team environment – This environment is fast-paced.
What We Offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Furniture Discounts
What you will be responsible for:
- Generate and analyze inventory reports; determine items and quantities to be transferred to ensure optimal inventory levels
- Accurately enter inventory transactions, such as overages, shortages, damages, returns and cycle count adjustments, into computer database.
- Recommend container destination changes on imported product to reduce overall costs.
- Identify severe inventory conditions that will adversely affect customer satisfaction and communicate these conditions to management; make recommendations for solution.
- Contribute to the planning of long- and short-term business objectives and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Analyze business trends and identify opportunities to drive efficiency and process improvement. Balance inventory investment with consumer demand.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Communicate with manufacturers and the internal team in an organized, detailed and efficient manner to ensure clear visibility to production planning and logistics operations.