We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business, or MIS for a virtual internship during the summer of 2021 to support our Wilmington, DE or Gaithersburg, MD sites.
Objectives/Goals of the Position:
The US IT Internship program provides the best undergraduate students a unique opportunity to gain meaningful Information Systems experience in the pharmaceutical industry. In addition to their information system experience, the program participants are involved in cross-functional training sessions and networking activities. All participants are exposed to Senior US IT Leadership throughout our mentoring program.
Participants will collaborate with other US IT Interns on a group presentation describing their individual project experiences and contributions and will present to Senior US IT Leadership. Upon completion, participants leave the program with invaluable business and IT knowledge that provides them with a head start on their career.
Various IT responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- technology research
- business case development
- requirements documentation
- project management
- architecture blueprints
- portfolio management
- test script writing
- test execution
- UAT (user acceptance testing) support
- status updates and ad-hoc projects
To participate in the AstraZeneca Intern Program students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Rising college sophomores, juniors and seniors pursuing degrees in: IT, Computer Science, Business, MIS or related field.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, returning to the academic program following AstraZeneca assignment.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good attention to detail.
- Great presentation and communication skills (written and spoken).
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.