AVANGRID, an innovative and growing energy company, needs a creative and ambitious college student to join our Renewables Control team. You will take part in an Internship program to learn our business inside and out. If you are looking to broaden your skills sets and learn more about careers in energy, apply today. For more information on our company, visit www.avangrid.com.
As part of our program, you will work closely with the team in monitoring current internal processes to generate Financial information analysis and integrate with processes across the Control team. This project focus is to generate a disruptive approach to improve our efficiency in the long term and will be a unique opportunity to understand in detail the different processes running in parallel.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Contribute to creating a KPI dashboard and conduct the different process documentation when needed.
- Work with most of the Control team members to develop your planning and networking skills.
- This project will be the base for the long-term efficiency improvement, and thus having a material impact.
- Present to the VP Controller and Directors about the process
At AVANGRID, we want to grow with you – Here’s what you’ll get:
- Unique opportunity to understand from start to end the data generation for reporting process.
- Proper environment to share your skills and share your view
- Option to participate in the AVANGRID Mentoring Program.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business through business briefs hosted by AVANGRID senior leaders.
- Opportunities to develop leadership capabilities
- Opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with great colleagues from across the globe.
- A focus on innovation and technology.
- A commitment to the environment and providing clean, renewable energy.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Skills and Requirements
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment & learn quickly
- Innovative thinking
- Organized and focused in the details
- Interest in the data value chain & management
Education & Experience Required:
- Currently a sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s or first year in Masters/MBA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytic/Management
- Data studies relevant to career path
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship