Responsible for maintaining Avangrid’s Cloud infrastructure. Supports other IT functions which may include: vendor management and coordination, ticket resolution and troubleshooting, production issues resolution, project lead and technology planning and roadmap creation, validating architecture proposals. Ensures IT procedures and policies are followed to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Leads and designs technical support and solutions for the Cloud infrastructure, including OnPrem migrations to Cloud. Maintenance of Cloud platforms for daily production requirements and project development.
- Responsible for Avangrid Cloud initiatives, local and global, elaborating new use cases, configuration management, documentation, operational support models.
- Seeks Cloud infrastructure cost efficiency, making proposals to respond to the business units’ requirements and needs at the highest cost-benefit rate.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation and procedures that define the operability of the Cloud infrastructure.
- Monitors Cloud servers for performance and availability. Makes recommendations when necessary to meet the expected demands, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Installs/maintains third party software packages as require.
- Designs the roadmap to ensure the cloud infrastructure reliability, scalability, and availability, reducing the environment obsolescence though the appropriate lifecycle programs.
- Responsible for the midterm Infrastructure as code (laC) implementation in Avangrid
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field. Requires at least 8 years work experience in related area.
- Knowledge of server commands and utilities.
- Knowledge of all aspects of system administration (i.e. installation, configuration, use management, 3rd party software license management etc.).
- Experience with 1 or more cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental distributed computing environment concepts.
- Proven experience supporting and managing large IT cloud environments
- Proven experience with vendor specific server management software.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respond to 24/7 support.
- Ability to develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple individuals and departments.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply them to current operational environments.
- Experience with planning, developing, and implementing large-scale projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to interface with clients to gather business requirements and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Azure fundamentals, Landing Zones
- Extensively experienced with the performance tuning and planning for consolidation of infrastructure. •Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly adapt to new environments and learn new Technologies.
- Large experience coordinating service support vendors, with international and local support teams, following ‘TIL Processes
- Enterprise-class infrastructure design, deployment, and testing experience. Ability to perform advanced cloud infrastructure analysis.