Gas Field Planner
Under directive supervision performs gas field planning work required for the construction,
maintenance, retirement, or renewal of gas transmission and distribution systems, regulating and/or
measuring stations and general plant; prepares necessary sketches and drawings estimates and
• May assist in design of complex regulator stations. Operates surveying and office equipment
associated with this work.
• May perform load and pressure drop studies and assembles data for network analysis.May
locate underground facilities using electronic equipment
• May act as inspector of contractor work after sufficient training. Investigates customer
concerns related to gas service or property damage.
• Has contact for exchange of information with company employees, customers, municipalities,
contractors, other utilities, and general public.
• May obtain work permits and easements. Directs the work of others who may assist. May
lay-out electric distribution lines and services, for which qualified.
• Performs other related or less skilled work.
Skills and Requirements
Must possess a minimum of an AAS degree in Mechanical or Civil
• At the earliest opportunity, should have knowledge of locating instruments, materials,
equipment and apparatus as they apply to this type of work; company policies, construction
standards, accounting procedures, applicable codes, safety rules, CMS procedures, related
computer operations, and a general knowledge of the work of other departments to permit
coordination of effort. Progresses as provided in the memorandum covering Gas Field
Must be able to meet the General Requirements for all employees as outlined in the Preamble to
the Job Specification Manual.
• Must be neat in work and apply the principles of safety and economy.
• Must be trustworthy when handling customer or company information or possessions.
• Must be capable of assuming minor supervisory responsibilities or making constructive
recommendations about new procedures or standards.
• Must be willing to work extra and/or irregular hours.
- No Remove Work
- Based out of Ithaca, NY
This opportunity will offer AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as
protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any
other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of
its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status,
sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a
Job Description Print Preview Page 1 of 2