This position will collaborate with Tools Configuration Analyst and operators to manage and maintain the enterprise monitoring systems on premises and in the cloud for AVANGRID within the Infrastructure, Operations and Communications (IOC) Team. Reporting directly to the IOC Infrastructure Manager of Operations, the Tools and Configuration Specialist will ensure an in-depth knowledge of various IT tools, configuration, alerting management and work to implement the organization’s vision towards optimization and productive simplified solutions.
Post global and local architecture selection of tools, the individual will collaborate with global tools team towards successful implementation design with proper sizing. As part of operations, the individual will ensure that monitoring across platforms is established. This role will also coordinate changes to alerts and deployment of services with all necessary stakeholders. Such individual will also act as a project manager and ensure that the operating model is documented and takes ownership of the process.
The specialist also oversees the day-to-day uptime of tools and collaborates with Iberdrola provisioned tools & services for local support (i.e. GRC – RSA Archer, IIQ, ServiceNow, etc.). As part of their duty, perform extensive research and analysis to attain the best practices, gather and analyze data to identify areas needing improvement, produce proposals, and implement solutions in problem areas. Additional collaboration will be required with the Asset Management Office, Change Management and Service & Problem Management to ensure that lifecycle of tools is properly captured.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Acts as Level 3 SME contact for all escalations related to tools, configuration, and monitoring services.
- Represent IT Operations in projects; Gather business requirements, design infrastructure solution meeting global standards, plan, assess implementation and recurring cost at the operating company level; QA tool prior to production implementation.
- Interact with global peers to identify and achieve IT Operations goals.
- Acts as a primary contact for all customer queries and issues related to tools services. Escalate to global peers as necessary.
- Manage relationship with outsourced vendors and coordinates the execution of the design / process plans and ensures that all aspects of the architecture are executed to plan.
- Ensure of a sound operating model prior to a new IT Operations tool going live. This includes and not limited to workflows, support queues being created or updated.
- Ensure and advise on maintaining quality of work as related to professional services rendered for Tools Configuration and the Operators maintaining alerts. Manages the SLA of Configuration of Tools and Monitoring managed service.
- Acts as point of contact between tools configuration and operators professional service provider and AGR IOC technical teams related but not limited to access issues and incomplete change requests.
- Acts as PM for tools lifecycle and new IT Operations solution implementation and integration effort.
- Coordinate the required administrative tasks, create, and maintain monitoring standards, documentation, and notification rules.
- Develop and administer awareness and training programs to IOC in support of the tools and alert management programs.
- Report and lead efforts to resolve high-impact failures, risks, gaps and corrective action strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assure integration and compatibility of common response, priorities, and planning efforts.
- Interacts with IT Governance and auditors to ensure proper reporting and metrics are obtained.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reliability.
- Collaborate with local/global peers in IT to ensure a unified reporting and monitoring dashboard is established.
- Assist with deployment, support, and economics of the tools to monitor infrastructure – systems, networking gear, database, storage, application, logs.
- Associate degree in computer science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years directly supporting organizational Tools and monitoring management.
- 2+ years of broad-based experience in technology.
- 2+ years of experience with ELK (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana), BMC TSOM, Patrol, Entuity.
- 2+ years of business process improvement experience.
- 1+ year of cloud management preferred.
- Strong commitment to personnel safety and IT security.
- 2+ years of Azure, AWS experience with administering and selecting automation toolsets such as Ansible, Jenkins, Azure Automation, etc, preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with various scripting, development, and data technologies including Powershell, Python, .NET, JSON, YAML, XML, etc to automate processes through CLI and REST API interfaces.
- Able to balance team and individual responsibilities – puts success of team above self.
Additional Success Factors
- Self-starter with demonstrated performance leading initiatives and building consensus at all levels of a matrixed global organization.
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.