This incumbent will be responsible for conducting credit risk evaluations and make recommendations in conformance with Bank’s risk appetite and policies, implementing credit process controls to monitor and maintain the asset quality of loan portfolio, and preparing portfolio reporting and other reports. In addition, s/he will update Credit Risk Policies and Procedures to reflect changes in internal and regulatory guidelines, as well as conduct relevant industry and product research for presentation to management.
Include but are not limited to:
Credit Risk Review
· Evaluate and analyze borrowers creditworthiness on assigned proposals and prepare in depth analysis
· Analyze all aspects related to credit requests submitted by business units, including but not limited to facility structure, historical and projected financial performance, management, industry, market conditions , and third party reports in timely fashion
· Independently challenge and critique business units’ credit proposals and document key points accordingly
· Articulate credit risk view with respect to the bankability of Front Office requests and their conformity with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
· Provide comments/recommendations on key terms and conditions, approval conditions, policy exceptions, internal risk rating and post-lending requirements
· Conduct annual and/or quarterly reviews of existing credits as required by Bank policy
· Monitor industry trends and assess impact of and/or client specific negative news from a portfolio perspective
· Develop relevant industry knowledge particularly for assigned portfolio, and expertise in banking products and regulatory requirements
· Demonstrate initiative to acquire necessary knowledge (industry, products, market conditions, policies and procedures) to perform job function
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance/Economics/Accounting major; MBA preferred
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a lending, portfolio manager/analyst role, preferably with experience covering commodities companies and financial institutions
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of the commodities sector and sub sectors, including energy, agriculture, and metals and mining, with experience covering financial institutions a plus.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of credit markets and products including, but not limited to, corporate lending, trade and commodities finance, structured products, FX and derivative
- CFA/CPA/FRM is preferred