The incumbent will provide support to the Commercial Real Estate Team (CRE) with the following responsibilities: (i) New Loans and modifications; (ii) Post lending processes, preparing and updating ticklers; identifying post lending risks communicating to stakeholders and assisting in the resolution process, managing compliance protocols; (iii) assisting with special projects and (iv) collaborating with internal stakeholders in achieving the goals of the unit; (v) Following KYC /BSA /AML and all other compliance activities relating to new and legacy loans. S/he will be responsible for underwriting prospective and new commercial real estate loans, managing existing relationship and building new relationships to expand the syndicated platform. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for credit analysis such as performing financial analysis to determine risk ratings, identifying posting lending risks and assisting in the risk assessment.
Include but are not limited to:
Business Development & Customer Relationship
– Assist team members in performing due diligence, and analysis in underwriting prospective and new commercial real estate loan opportunities consistent with BOC’s underwriting criteria as well as building new relationships and manage existing relationships with peer banks in identifying new transaction opportunities and expanding syndication platform.
– Prepare, schedule and conduct onsite visit s to prospects, borrowers, and properties and other related parties and complete post activity reports as required.
– Perform all necessary functions and coordinate with relevant parties involved in the origination, analysis, due diligence (financial analysis and KYC), written and verbal presentation to management and credit committees, credit approval (local and home office), closing, post lending and payoff of a commercial real estate loan.
– Conduct research to understand customer needs and identify new business opportunities.
Credit Risk Analysis
– Collect, review and analyze financial statements of borrowers and guarantors; prepare pro forma base case and downside case property level financial projections; review and analyze third party consultant reports and prepare written reports as required.
– Monitor and analyze conditions in relevant commercial real estate markets and key economic and demographic trends in assigned geographic markets and report on key developments to supervisor and identify business opportunities.
– Perform financial analyses to determine risk ratings for loans and propose reserves for loan losses quarterly on the basis of the ratings.
– Analyze and monitor existing loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential issues.
– Prepare annual written financial reviews for the performing loans, quarterly written reviews for the problem loans, an d monthly written reviews of the past due loans
– Review offering memoranda of new loan opportunities, prepare a green light memo, negotiate term sheet, and prepare and review legal documentation, review third party reports and assist in the loan closing process.
– Conduct compliance and due diligence checks (e.g. KYC/AML) in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
– Maintain close working relationship with credit risk management department and Head Office in responding to credit issues and resolving them in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Risk and Compliance Management
– Collaborate with relevant departments on the loan processes including the opening of accounts, closing of loans, post-lending monitoring, loan payoff process and others as required.
– Obtain, have executed and follow-up with attorney or agent banks all relevant loan documentation. Once received and logged in send originals (as required) to BOC loan department.
– Perform post lending monitoring that includes but not limited to collecting periodic post-closing loan documentation, conducting annual review of loan portfolio, collecting, analyzing and updating financial and performance reports and reviewing compliance certificate and other documents.
– Identify post lending risks and communicate with internal stakeholders and propose solutions.
– Provide assistance with the completion of risk and compliance assessments.
– Understand and comply with bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
– Process transactions in accordance to the Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
– Bachelor’s Degree or above
– Minimum 1 year of experience in commercial bank or financial services firm involving commercial real estate finance or investments
– Real estate certificate is preferred
– Bilingual communication skill and marketing skills is preferred