This incumbent will be responsible for planning and directing the research efforts of the Macro Research team in monitoring the economy, banking regulations and financial markets for trends and conducting data collection and analysis. This incumbent will also assist the Strategy Research Department with preparation of reports, presentations, and any other forms of deliverables for management’s review.
Data Watch, Collection, and analysis
- Conduct research on the macro, geopolitical, financial industry regulatory and financial market trends, and analyze data/trends to identify likely impacts on the Bank
- Analyze research data and report to management about the likely implications on the Bank’s performance and strategies.
- Assist with the preparation of major market and financial news and reports
- Prepare independent research reports on routine and ad hoc basis
- Take the responsibilities to lead or participate in the research projects based on manager’s directions.
- Provide in-depth and periodic snapshots periodically monitoring major economic or market indicators
- Participate in cross-department teams to provide macro, industry, and market research views on behalf of the department.
- Other ad hoc tasks as needed, such as preparing speech notes for management, presentation preparations for the bank meeting, presentations to the clients; maintain the department’s research database, etc.
- Master’s Degree or above, economics or finance majors preferred
- At least 4 years of analytical and quantitative research experience in Economics, Finance and Banking Industry, with expertise on data modeling
- Strong communication skills is required
- Bilingual abilities in English and Mandarin is required