This incumbent will be responsible for conducting independent credit analysis and risk assessment on transactions proposed by Front Office in the fields of M&A finance, leveraged lending, project finance, aircraft and ship finance and Sino-US cross-border finance, including macro-economic analysis, industry analysis, peer analysis, and financial statement analysis. In addition, this incumbent will monitor Front Office’s adherence to risk policies and procedures, underwriting standards, documentation and regulatory requirements.
Include but are not limited to:
Credit Risk Review
· Review and analyze credit requests submitted by Front Office in all aspects under minimal supervision, including but not limited to limit structure, historic financial performance, assumptions used to prepare base case and stress case financial projections, management, industry, market and economic conditions and third party reports
· Provide and document recommendations to Front Office credit proposals
· Articulate credit risk view with respect to the bankability of Front Office requests and their conformity with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
· Provide comments/recommendations on key terms and conditions, approval conditions, policy exceptions, internal risk rating and post-lending requirements
· Assist Front Office account officers with loan structuring, loan exposure management and on-site due diligence as needed
· Conduct annual and/or quarterly reviews of existing credits as required by Bank policy
· Monitor industry trends and assess impact of and/or client specific negative news from a portfolio perspective
· Conduct exception and pipeline management.
· Develop relevant industry knowledge particularly for assigned portfolio, and expertise in banking products and regulatory requirements
· Demonstrate initiative to acquire necessary knowledge (industry, products, market conditions, policies and procedures) to perform job function
· Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in credit analysis and underwriting of structured finance lending experience is required
· Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance/Economics/Law/Accounting major; Master’s degree is preferred
· Sound understanding of credit risk management, as well as familiarity with regulatory frameworks and related metrics
· Broad knowledge of credit markets and specific products knowledge, including corporate loans, structured loans, leveraged loans, mergers & acquisition finance, project finance and trade finance are preferred
· CFA/CPA/FRM is preferred
· Bilingual ability in Mandarin and English is preferred