Note: Swing & Grave and weekends.
Position Description To work in a group home for the chronically mentally ill.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent. Experience serving individuals with severe mental illness preferred.
DUTIES: Oversee and provide a positive environment for group home residents. Assist clients to regain or enhance appropriate basic living skills needed for living in the least restrictive environment possible by teaching socialization, interpersonal and communication skills, appropriate behaviors. Provide skill development for age appropriate interpersonal daily living skills. Verify medication compliance for clients receiving prepackaged medications. Monitor compliance of grooming and hygiene skills, including clean-up when necessary, etc. with the goal of restoring the client to his/her best possible functional level. Assist clients with daily chores. Assist clients to eliminate or reduce symptoms of their diagnosis, improve personal motivation, independence, and self-esteem. Supervision of clients at the level required for successful placement in the residential program. Complete up-to-date quality service documentation including shift notes by the end of shift, and accurate time sheet records with appropriate service codes in the Center’s automated clinical records system. Attend supervision appointments and team meetings as scheduled. Other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
● Knowledge of confidentiality and ability to maintain strict compliance with confidentiality of all client and Center sensitive information.
● Generate and maintain quality records as required.
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Ability to serve individuals with mental illness.
● Ability to exercise individual judgment and to take appropriate action in emergencies.
● Teaming skills for effective relations and for working with others in client treatment.
● Computer literacy and skills for operation of automated medical records, email, scheduling, etc.
● Timeliness with schedule including whereabouts, arrival to work, attendance at meetings, and client appointments.
● Attend supervision appointments and staff/team meetings as scheduled.
● Positive attitude related to job expectations, supervision, Center policies and procedures, etc.
● Ability to behave ethically and to understand and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
● Flexible hours to meet client and/or Center needs.
● Conduct expected tasks in a safe manner, uphold Center safety policies, and report perceived safety issues to appropriate sources.
Position Salary: $13.50- $16.00/hr. based on experience
Position Hours: 16-24 hrs./wk.
Position Shifts: variable schedule, including weekends.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent. Must pass a criminal background investigation. Experience serving individuals with mental illness preferred. Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week. Flexibility to cover co-worker shifts when necessary. BRMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.