The Field Development Associate will be assist in the development of Beeflow products in California for multiple crops (blueberries, raspberries, almonds, among others). Duties will include data collection and project execution. Reports to the Field Development Manager. Up to 50% of travel is expected.
Location: Somis, CA
What will be your Responsibilities?
- Maintains state of the art understanding of crop pollination and bees’ biology.
- Understands crop production, including pollination, nutrition, pest control, irrigation, etc.
- Assists with the implementation of field trials. Includes participation in protocol development and execution in collaboration with external contract researchers and the centralized protocol program located in Somis, CA.
- Works closely with contract researchers throughout the crop cycle, ensures understanding of the trials and experiments.
- Ensures the integrity of the field research database.
What are the Requirements for this job position?
- Self-starter, hands-on, ability to work independently, and must work well with teams.
- Detail-oriented and organized, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to generate a huge positive impact on sustainable agricultural practices.
- The readiness to travel frequently in the country (owns drivers license) and abroad.
- Job Type: Full-time
Which knowledge and abilities are we interested in?
- BS in Entomology, Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Biology, Ecology, or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge about bee biology and crop pollination is highly desired.
- Experience working under field conditions
- Experience working with bees or other pollinators is a plus
- Proficient internet and Microsoft Office computer experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
What we offer?
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team