TYPE OF POSITION: Graduate Assistantship: Accessibility Services/Information Technology
SALARY: $8,500 for academic year/12 graduate credits of tuition waiver
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: Fall 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
- The position will work with Accessibility Services and Information Technology. The position will assist the Accessibility Services office with accommodation requests from students with disabilities.
- The position will support captioning needs for BSU faculty/staff/students.
- The position will provide support to students needing assistance adopting, using, and troubleshooting accessible technology.
- The position will assist with making documents and other materials accessible.
- Position serves 14 hours per week.
· Must be admitted to an on-campus Master’s degree program at BSU.
· Must have an interest in learning about and working with accessible technology.
· Must have an interest in working with students with disabilities.
· Must maintain a Grade Point Average of 3.0
· The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Send letter of application, vita, and the names and phone numbers of three (3) references. (Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota’s open record law, which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.)
APPLY TO: Christian Breczinski Bemidji State University, 1500 Birchmont Drive NE # 43 Bemidji, MN 56601-2699. Inquiries about the position may be directed to Christian Breczinski. E-mail: Christian.Breczinski@bemidjistate.edu
UNIVERSITY/COMMUNITY: Bemidji State University, located in northern Minnesota’s lake district, occupies a beautiful campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. The greater Bemidji population numbers 25,000 and serves a regional commerce and health center. The University enrolls more than 5,000 students annually. Offerings include more than 50 undergraduate majors and ten graduate programs encompassing the liberal arts, interdisciplinary studies and applied fields. The University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and has a faculty and staff of nearly 600. University signature themes include environmental stewardship, civic engagement and global/multicultural understanding. For further information about the University, see our website at http://www.bemidjistate.edu.
Bemidji State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.