The Master of Arts in English at Bemidji State opens up a world of possibilities, from teaching to writing professionally. Study in English at the graduate level is intense and satisfying. In graduate seminars, you will read deeply in the literature of a period, place or author. Often in these classes you will identify the subject for a scholarly thesis. You may also undertake a creative thesis, presented in the context of your literary studies. From the first semester to the last, you will work closely with an advisor to carry out your thesis project.
Benefits of Bemidji State Graduate Programs
NO Out-of-State tuition requirements
NO GRE exam requirement
Rolling admission – We admit students every term!
Graduate Assistantships can pay for your degree!
• $20 non-refundable application fee
• Official transcripts of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (International students please submit a NACES approved transcript evaluation)
• Overall undergraduate GPA: 2.75 or higher
• One-page letter of intent stating research interests and future career goals
• Three (3) letters of professional recommendation
• International Students must also provide proof of English proficiency
For more program information, visit the department website: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/english/graduate-programs/
To apply to the program, visit: https://eservices.minnstate.edu/adm/public/studentWelcome?campusId=070&appType=grad