Social Media Intern
Requisition #: req6072
Location: Grand Rapids; preferred (Open to Remote within the US)
Hours: Part-time (10-20 hours/week – starting in January or February)
*This is a paid internship that requires a 4 month commitment*
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As the Social Media Intern, you will assist the Content Team in creating social media content, project managing, analyzing results, and executing a variety of cross-functional tasks that promote Bethany’s mission, raise support for our work, and create awareness about our cause. The ideal candidate for this role is clever, creative, and has a passion for leveraging social media to strategically build brands, capture attention, and generate advocacy. The person in this role will develop an understanding of social platform capabilities (Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok) and their user behaviors/communities.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves to be challenged intellectually and who wants to impact the lives of vulnerable children and families across the globe. The role is highly visible within the department and requires collaboration across marketing, public relations, video, creative, and strategic partnerships teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Working with Social Media Content Specialist, write, plan, and execute a content calendar by identifying and capitalizing on new and emerging social trends
- Initiate social-driven campaigns and support larger marketing campaigns across our various social channels
- Use social media listening tools to manage, monitor, and interact with users on a daily basis
- Conduct in-depth competitor research and pay attention to the latest industry trends – make proactive recommendations based on trends and insights
- Curate and summarize previously published content for various social media channels and profiles
- Work cross-functionally to identify and curate a list of strategic partnerships
- Oversee the data organization of Bethany’s content campaigns, providing stronger reports
- Brainstorm, research, and pitch ideas for short-form, social media videos
- Collaborate with internal marketing team members to carry out other marketing-related duties as assigned.
- Junior or Senior in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, and/or Communications, or similar degree field
- A passion for social media and a proven interest in keeping up-to-date with social media best practices and trends
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, and LinkedIn
- Experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, and Sprout Social is preferred
- Detail-oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines with good time management and flexibility
- Data-driven to express learnings and share knowledge through writing in an effective way
- Self-starting, creative problem solver, with an openness to a fluctuating workload
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.