Bio-Rad’s Digital Biology Group is a multidisciplinary team developing products using our Droplet Digital™ technology that are having a large impact in both research and healthcare. Every day, scientists and clinicians around the world use our ddPCR systems to make new discoveries and revolutionize clinical decision-making with break-through liquid biopsy applications. We’re looking for a motivated and skilled Research Associate II, Oncology to join our assay development team.
- You will work alongside others on the development of new Research Use Only (RUO) tests for oncology using state-of-the-art droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) technology, in a multi-disciplinary department that includes research and development scientists, hardware engineers and software engineers.
- You will design and develop novel ddPCR assays for specific molecular targets and perform validation testing to ensure that new products meet requirements.
- You will plan, execute and analyze laboratory studies for the development and optimization of new ddPCR tests, write documents and reports on your studies, communicate results to the assay development group, develop performance testing methods and acceptance criteria, and participate in other development activities necessary for the launch of new products.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or related life science field with 2 – 5 years of relevant industry experience or a Master’s degree in molecular biology or related field with 0 – 2 years of relevant experience.
- Skills in molecular biology and PCR assay design.
- Experience in optimizing and developing PCR assays.
- Hands-on experience with DNA/RNA extraction from blood/cells/tissues.
- Ability to communicate and present results in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills.
- Superior attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated skills in team-based work and/or collaborating.
- Ability to draft and critically review technical documents, including test plans and reports.
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as JMP is a plus.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.